Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

Rediscovering the Bay

Flying back to Oakland from Washington is a sight.

From the air, I found it pretty amazing to see that the entire US is filled with grid-like roads, linking through the mountains of Arizona and the green farms that seemed to spring out like an oasis. I've always loved windows seat, though more than half the air-borne passengers hated it for the inconvenience of getting out and walking around; but I do not face that problem, so was always very glad to exchange for a windows seat with someone.

Especially when there was this black lady who was so afraid of heights that she was gripping her arm-rest till her knuckles turned white, when the plane was taking off. She was even shivering, and I think the blasting music (Hip-Hop, as you might have guessed) in her pink iPod did little to comfort her.

While at Pheonix Airport, I had the worst experience with Burger King ever. For a fast food chain, it's really slow and inefficient. Till the point that I was almost scared to miss the connecting plane, and the guy in front of me in the queue was even more worried. The wait was long, the cashier was slow and everything that could be claimed as inefficient happened. Even till the point when I have to help the lady behind me open up a paper bag so that she can put the fries (which we have to take from the fries counter ourselves) and drinks in herself while waiting for the burger.

Though that has not diminished my love for Mushroom Swiss, I must say.

After some more land transportation on the BART and walking back the familiar roads, I was back in the cosy room of Xiaotian's place.

~~~~~

2 more days to going to school (the audience exclaimed "FINALLY!") and shifting into Campus Village in UC Irvine, so making the most of my stay here in Berkeley area, I walked around the Berkeley downtown and got myself a Us number, while checking out the sights and also revisiting UC Berkeley. It's still as georgeous, and for the moment, I wondered what Irvine will be like.

Berkeley's pretty happening, I guess cos they were preparing for a football game (what else) the coming Saturday. Probably a big game, with the bands parading the school, banners hanged up and students dressed in blue and gold.

~~~~~

The last day in the Bay was good stuff! Since it was a Saturday, Xiaotian jio some more people and we drove to have oysters.


Tony's BBQ Oysters. Famous apparently, and cheap! And freaking fresh! Even a non-lover like me fell in love with the osyers. Yummy!






Haoren, the oyster-love, in Heaven, as he claims it himself






The drive was scenic, with green mountains on one side, and the Bay on the other. The overcast skies dampen the spirit a lil, but not enough to cloud over the blues of the ocean and the green of the mountains.

At night, Xiaotian drove me to school and up to a high point to observe SF by night. A city of orange lights, and a chance for me to practice my exposure shots on my digi cam! Succeeded with the city, but failed with my moon due my shaky hands in the cold of the night. So you shall only observe the success photos here!

Rest of California 2 photos here.

~~~~~

Packing up to go to Irvine

En-route to school.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?