Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

Autumn

View from Dirong's room in University of Michigan, 2003

I love Fall. Has always, but never knew why its charms appeal to me so much.

It could be the weather, the transition of the hot summers into the chilling winters, but somewhere in between. Hot in the sun, but cold in the shadows.
Scorching sun, cool breeze.

As my memory rest...

It could be the smell, or sound too.
Walking along the edge of the lake and being treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I make.
And lovely too, the crisp autumn air.

...but never forgets what I lost...

But it's mainly the colours, of the yellow trees. The splendid golden leaves' array
And how the fading grass gleams low in yellow light
And how fluffed-up squirrels scamper, dig and disagree
How the maple leaves turn yellow, orange, red and fall, to give us the natural carpet of autumn designs, right on the clean moist grass.

...wake me up when September ends...

The season of loss, as sadness fills the air whilst leaves drop around us.
Especially if you stand alone.

Solitary, Washington, 2005



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?