Monday, February 27, 2006

 

stories unshared

I was reading through some old entries from my private blog (long un-updated but ever still so private) and even leafed through my diary as a 16 year old. It is amazing how much came back at me.

The small smiles, the occasional shakings of the head and the inaudible sigh at times.

I wondered if my life was made more boring as it trotted on to its 24th year of existence.

So many stories then! And so often it has been shared, heartfelt and sincere. The late nights (and therefore early mornings) on IRC/ ICQ/ MSN, the meeting-ups after school, and long chats on house phones. A time when conversations hover around BGRs, life and other bittersweet emotional stuff closer to the heart; and less of school, work, politics and frustration. A time when there were more "first experiences" to be excited about; now it seems harder for me to be super hyped up to anything.

New friends missed out on old stories; and old friends missed out on the new ones.

Felt it especially so after I met Haoyong near his place to get a birthday card signed. And on the Outram MRT steps we sat, and chatted for 3 hours, well into dusk. It's just so amazing to chat to him again after this while, the guy who's always has been 1 register number after me for 4 years in RI, always been my lab partner, always had been a brother.

Not sure what I've been feeling of late. A little nostalgic perhaps, a little stifled perhaps. But feeling the occasional pangs of needing to pour out these stories again; the old ones with new good friends, and new ones with old firm friends. And hear the stories. Old ones from new friends, and new ones from old.

All before I lose touch with my social world and spiral downwards into an even smaller encirclement of my life.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?