Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

thoughts of a burning scalp

Passion

Inspired by Weiqiang's DIY Posters, so decided to copycat and do one myself! =p Sorry bro!

It has truly been a long time since I last stayed out in the sun, got burnt and laughed a lot for no good apparent reason.

Life as it is, is strange. Without the adrenaline rush of a competitor or the stress of an organizer, you might have thought I would strongly feel something missing. I did, but it was replaced by a totally relaxing sensation of a spectator, out there in the sun cheering my mates on. And still, I did not miss out much on the parts of the competition I liked most: doing sai-kang, driving around getting logistics settled, talking cock and laughing like a carefree spirit.

During which, a constant nagging reminder at the back of my mind told me to be contented with being a follower and spectator, because smart-alecky-indian-chief comments will not do the organisation of the competition any good. Good spirited cheering and genuine enthusiasm will. And it was fun as well =)

Maybe, indeed, no passion is as deeply rooted in man than that of envy. Before going to the competition, I could already feel the bittersweet taste of envy in my throat, mixed with that of joy, pride and a tinge of jealousy. Somehow I knew ZT, ZC and Ben will get medals that day, and somewhere I knew I could have amongst them, collecting the first medal in my short archery career. And surprisingly, the envy and jealousy never came at the end of the day, just sheer pride, knowing that they deserved very much their prize, for all the effort and passion they put into the sport. And sheer joy, for all the fun I had in the course of not just the day, but the years. I had chosen my path, and walked the line.

Passion and love never breed regrets.
Joy endures, and is derived elsewhere from the same passion.

The temptation to pick up a bow and shoot again is there. Who knows, I might just have the opportunity to do it =)


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?