Monday, July 18, 2005

 

floating amongst the canopies

It has been a long week. (and i suspect this will be a long entry)

As left off from the last entry, it started with the HSBC TreeTop Walk, where distances are always just "200m more", steps leading upwards always lead to more steps going downwards, and where the "King" always have the last say of others' fate.

I have nothing more to add about Singapore's nature, which is, really, not much. Maybe it's because some parts of the walk reminded me too much of those navigation exercises we do during army days.

But yet, company always seemed to determine the experience. =) 8 archers, sharing the moments, that might mark itself as one of the very last. Thanks fellas, it has been really fun "being one with nature" and being one with you. One family!

And we finally reached the beginning of the TreeTop Walk!

I look down at the trees,
and let the vastness of that green and lush canopy fill my senses
I look up at the skies,
and let the drifting clouds and azure clearness fill my soul
I look at the monkeys.. and err..
got a little frightened by the growl that displays sharp teeth

I'm sure Ben was pretty freaked by the unfriendly monkey. haha.

It is a long walk. Not recommended for the young and elderly (as advised by NParks), but when I exited at Upper Thomson Road (which is just beside CH's place, making the motive of the walk and ZC's credibility highly suspicious ), I know I would have regretted not going. Bonding has always been about sharing common experiences. =)

~~~~~

Charity Pledge cards collection has seen me travelling around the island to get back the cards from the scouts. Chelsea has told me to make everyone meet at one central point at one time and get it all done, but well, I know it wasn't going t happen that easily, with people in NS and orientation and what not. So being me, it is worth suffering a bit of my time and going to them. Oh well, I too, want to get it done and out with, so that I can finally put the matter into the vaults of my memory.

And surprisingly, I'm pretty caught up with the WWE Cell in A Hell match between Triple H and Batista. Yah I know, it's silly WWE, but the drama is as good as any bad serial, except for all the blood.. which really makes me wonder if WWE was for real or not.

I think the lack of EPL Soccer has got to my head. I'm even watching the Premier League Darts! Which, really, is very interesting. Caught it accidentally as I was flipping the channels, but I was glued to it till final round was over. If you think counting scores fast for archery is amazing, you would have been impressed by the darts professional. For the uninitiated (to darts of course), two player competes against each other, taking turn to throw 3 darts. They start with a score of 501 and the first to reach 0 exactly wins. Score taken off is counted from the darts position. If you are REALLY interested, this site might help on the rules. So you see the problem, of reaching to 0 exactly, and the skill, to know what score to hit, and where to aim.

I think we should try it with archery. haha, like everyone must shoot a score of 45 exactly for 6 arrows.

oh well, ignore me.

~~~~~

There has always been a struggle.

Between living and pretending to live.
Between really letting go and pretending to let go.

I could not resist fixing up my bow on Friday for one last shoot together with ZC. As if my story has to end with a fairy tale ending, I shot ridiculously well at 30m, possibly my personal best, even without a clicker.

You know what they say. Good to let go when memories stay happy =)

I'll miss you guys.

~~~~~

Elections came and go. And we're in good hands =)

ZC's video is fantastic. So were the memories of sparklers arrows and the many trainings.

I've gone through many handovers in my short life, and surprisingly most before has felt more emotional. Saturday felt almost... unsatisfying. Maybe I couldn't be as 问心无愧 as before, I wondered why. Maybe I felt that I didn't do enough to feel the satisfaction. Maybe the handing over briefing seemed too quick and easy. I could remember how I spent weeks going through with my understudy during NS on the many roles and duties he has taken over from me. And suddenly this ended almost too easily.

Somewhere at the bottom of my soul. I wish I had done my part well.

We had dinner at Swensen's, at Changi Terminal 2, before we sent Amelia off for her SEP in Australia. Soon it'll be Charissa's turn, and then mine. We had a great time, at the expense of Shi Ling, haha, but it's nice to see everyone gathered together for a non-YIH-meal. yucks.

Us. Engraved in the sands of time.


~~~~~

Finally, I'm free to roam.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?