Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

so connected and yet fractured


I read this article with many head-noddings, societal understanding and much cheerlessness.

Thanks to buddy Yi Lin for forwarding me this article =)

Excerpt:
"...could have sent these words far more efficiently through e-mail than through this 'snail mail'. But I am among those who still believe that sympathy is diluted by two-thirds when it arrives over the Internet transom."

Indeed.

And how apt. That as Glenn has said, we really can't live without the modern technology, that truly displaces world distances and natural/ political/ societal/ and-what-have-you barriers. And for now, I will have to be thankful that I can still use MSN and Skype to keep in touch with loved ones.

And oh buddy Tinkie, I hope you don't mind emails =) Feelings shall not be diluted!



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?