Monday, September 19, 2005

 

a traveler's wishes

It is strange, as I sat down in my new room for the next 3 months and reflect upon the last 3 weeks of travelling, that I can somehow feel some sense of regrets rather than the overwhelming sense of satisfaction at having seen a whole new world.

Don't be mistaken; for I have indeed enjoyed myself during my travels.

But yet, there are moments, when all I can say is "I wish"

~~~~~

I wish I can have a camera at all times,
or to have a photographic memory,
so that I can never forget the scenes and the sights.

Of the glimmering lakes of West Virgina
Of the golden maize fields
Of hazy morning mists
And of the black silhouette of the trees, with blue blackground fading into white as it touches the shadows.













This is often when regrets come in.
And the realization of how transient time is,
how the moments just slips by you,
just before I can get my camera ready to take a snapshot of the moment.
Soon I learnt, and give up trying to capture the fleeting moments,
and just sit back and enjoy Nature's evanescent beauty.

~~~~~

Or I wish I have a tape-recorder.
To remember the conversations by.

Of the chat with Xiaotian upon the rock
With Dirong through the wee hours on the drive back from Canada
With Glenn on the nice green turf under the clear sky after our night run
With Edward in the living room, from 10pm to 4am.

And I thought again,
were conversations meant to be remembered word for word?
Or just for the meaning they give
and the friendships it deepens.

Maybe.

~~~~~

Yet another wish, but something more realistic.

I wish that camera producers will somehow put a new function in cameras that will allow me to name my pictures taken when it is taken, or when I'm on transportation from place to place. That'll save me a lot of hassle from remembering where and what the photo is when I upload it.

If my mobile phone can do that, renaming the pics I take, why can't my Canon?



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?