Monday, May 23, 2005

 

politicians and media



Yeah, I know this came an episode too late. It's just I saw this funny comic strip in this week's issue of The Economist but I couldn't find it anywhere online (and i have no scanner sadly), so got to make do with what I can find online!

Why this entry? There was an discussion in a history class one day when I had to comment on Japan's shrine visiting issue and how it will affect the Sino-Japanese relationship. And I commented that politicians are so childish sometimes, and somehow got remembered for that by the tutor. Hah. what a way to be remembered in class!

~~~~~

But I stick to my line of thoughts that actions of politicians can be so laughable at times. ok, not even looking at the thousands of Bush jokes. But yet, you have to wonder at the power and the consequences of their actions. and sometimes, so much is at stake that i shook my head wondering why on earth they make such decisions? Just look at this.

Japan's parliament just approved a law renaming a public holiday on April 29, in honour of its late emperor, Hirohito. I mean, this obviously glorifies Japan's military past! and even with the displeasure and the many anti-Japanese movements now, the parliament surely can make this decision later? or not at all?

I mean, in my opinion, this shrine issue can get so childish sometimes. like, the more China talks about it, the more Koizumi makes it puiblic on visiting the shrine. man. it's almost a childish struggle of power.

against all economic rationality of trade and what not. ah, Adam Smith has gotten it wrong.

~~~~~

Saw this article in The Economist as well. Go check out this game call Sudoku. Apparently it has fans addicted to it. I've tried one! took me bloody 20 minutes..

~~~~~

Anyway, who can forget the blunder by Newsweek in publishing that the soldier flushed a copy of the Koran down the toilet bowl.

so many died for nothing. at the power of the media.

suddenly, despite all criticisms, we may have to be thankful for our slightly more consverative newspapers. liberty just doesn't work all the time.

~~~~~

on the fun side of the media. J Lo for US President anyone?


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?