Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

I would love to guess your wishes

I woke up in a frenzy. You know one of those days when you wake up forgetting which day it is, and start to panic if you are late for an appointment.

Yeah, the holidays do that to you, or me in this case. Days and dates seem to elude me, and if not for Jo's consistent checks on her bidding results, I would really not have known the days.

It's like I couldn't recall which day it was that I bumped in Qionghui (and Chee Chian and Edwin and Chunyang and Jiayong.. basically University of Michigan haha) while I was having dinner with Chelsea at Kenny Rogers. Qiongz think it's scary that I know (almost) everyone at the table. I just think it's a small world.

And when I found out today IS NOT Wednesday and not the day of my interview at the US Embassy, I flopped back into bed. After all, the cool weather is too good to waste waking up.(what a bloody irony haha)

~~~~~

I spent most parts of the afternoon at Sim Lim, checking out prices for the following items to revive my other dying computer. If you have good lobang (second hand/ lower than the price stated, brands need not be the same), do not hestitate to call me up.

1) Motherboard plus Pentium 4 (looking at Foxconn with P4 2.4AGHz) at $294
2) 512MB DDR RAM at $88
3) Cheap LG monitor at $153
4) A freaking good graphic card to get my Battlefield 2 working (9600 Pro 256MB at $178?)
5) MP3 Player cum thumb drive (Creative MuVu V200 at $175) (!!!!)

C C Tan, appreciated your great advice =)

~~~~~

There was going to be Birthday Surprise at Curry Favour (@ Stamford House) for Jason in the evening, so I hanged around City Hall before H-Hour of 6.30pm, where we are supposed to appear, somehow.

And I spotted SMU in the distance. Couldn't bear miss the camera moment.

Cowen (who happened to be the poster boy for SMU when they did their publicity 2 years back. From then on, Cowen was known as "Be Different. Be Cowen") told me later in the night that the place was so spotless, not even paint marks. And I was commenting that the lack of banners made it look a lesser school. Oh well, I'll review my statements in say 2 years time. Think of the students strolling up and down Bencoollen Road in slippers and berms. Goodness. Think NUS Hall life in the middle of town!

Just as I thought that was going to be the coolest building in town, I spotted...


YEAH! The Central Fire Station! Is it pretty or is it pretty? *beams* with a cool colour effect all from my camera!

~~~~~

And so June Kiat could not make it for Jason's surprise dinner (due to practice and probably also due to The SMS: read all about it), and I found myself stranded as a minority. Look at the staggering statistics.

1) 1 out of the 2 non-medical students (there was ermm.. about 12 of us there). I nodded my head (together with Alex) as conversations of protein signalling and pathology was carried out. Yeah ok, cool. Great! uh huh.

2) Amongst the guys, the only non-GEP (Gifted Education Programme) RI guy. Alright, I've lowered the average IQ there. *laughs*

Jason failed the acting test which I've forewarned him about two days back. That silly boy. Undoubtedly the cutest, nicest, most gentle guy around, pack with a wonderful brain, hamster's smile, handwriting that'll trash a girl's anytime, strong tennis legs and nice sailing tan. Alright alright.. his handphone number is.........

Nonetheless, it was good to see familiar faces again. It almost felt like going to LT 1 for my Chemistry lecture (where my class attended together with the triple science people in RJ). We had a few catching up chats, on "where-are-you-now"s and "how's-life?"s, and more interestingly on monogamy and travelling around.

And as Jason makes his wishes and blows out the candle, another has joined the ranks of the 23 year olds. And for the first time in years, I wondered, what wishes could he have made.

But for that moment, I hope someone hears it and grant him his.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?