Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

home

Emerging through a crowd of berms-wearing girls, gel-up hair young asian guys, hokkien-speaking parents and singlish-speaking-and-less-polite sales personnel at the duty free shops, I know I'm home.

Never thought Singaporeans sounded so distinctive before.

I even miss seeing the caucasians around who tower over me in built and height, but yet no longer imposing in nature. Suddenly I'm more wary of the alien presence of asians. Help. They're everywhere!

And I do miss the smiles and "good mornings" from and to the bus drivers in US, and even with the joggers in the mornings. I think we need to be mopre cultured, seriously.

Nothing much seemed to have changed, or maybe I would need to explore deeper, beyond the surface.

This entry is pretty much delayed, but in the short span of 3 days, I've met up with many people, eaten many food, taken the buses and trains and slanged less American english. Late also because my internet explorer was down due to some malicious spyware (just fixed), and it seemed the perfect welcome home - back to the old problems and yet simple pleasures of life.

Feeling the same old restraints, stresses and the same old commitments coming back to haunt me - all these almost forgotten in the last 4 months, and I know, it's time to start adjusting again.

But it's good to be spending Singapore dollars again.

Goodbye greenbacks.

Hey there Singapore. How'ya doing.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?