Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

"winter" blues

The days are short and the nights long.

You start to notice how dark it really gets here, in this spaced out, unlit city, with few people on the streets. And it gets dark by 5pm. The nights seemed to go on forever.

I even wake up early in order not to miss precious daylight, and sleep early to avoid the endless nights.

The dark nights depressed me. Worries me. Compound me with all the other stress I can usually supress - work, school plans, travel plans, money, homesickness

and loneliness.

Darkness further emphasize your solitude, as you see less around, and start to feel more alone. It is as if the darkness brings out all these tiny darknesses in me, and turn it into one perpetual, long sigh that comes with every deep breath. every.deep.breath.

And to think I always thought myself as a good loner, one who is able to travel alone, live alone, be alone and enjoy doing things alone, for long periods of time. But I guess it has also let me learn the most frightening thing of all.

That the worst thing that a loner can ever feel.
Is to feel lonely.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?