Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

wordplay-ed

The wizard of wordplay, Jason Mraz, was brilliant yesterday at the esplanade.

The way he moves, the way he coos, the way he makes every song his own, changing lyrics, tunes, beats and rhythm. His jokes, his stage presence. His songs. His words. His touching lyrics.

I'm totally charmed, entertained and in awe. Sheer delight to see him live. I'm sure everyone in my weird-looking combination of a group (Gene, Charissa, Francis, Amy, Pat, Wan Ling) agrees.

This medley, despite doing him no justice, represents all the claps I've given.

"You and I both loved
what you and I spoke of,
Others only dream of the love that I love

It takes no time to fall in love,
but it takes you years to know what love is

And what will happen to the origins of sound
after all the sounds have sounded

Dance with me,
because if you’ve got the poison,
I’ve got the remedy.

I wont worry my life away.

Life comes full circle.

I’m gonna be happy with the way that I am
I’m gonna be happy with all that I stand for
I’m gonna be happy now because the boy’s going home."



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?