Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

disconnected again

Loyalty is another strange thing.

Loyalty gets rewarded, as I avoided the additional frustration of losing all my contacts along with my handphone after I discovered that I had (fortunately) backed up my stuff from my (now gone) hardy 7610 onto my PC. Never mind if the last backup was done before I flew to US, at least I had a large part recovered. The contact list is compatible, thank goodness.

Loyalty makes you narrow-minded. I'm sure the next time this happens, I'll pop right by the Nokia section first even before recalling the existence of other brands. Hey, Nokia PC Suite is a brilliant program.

But well, I'm back connected. With my brand new Nokia 6280. With thanks to the Progress Package.

You know how some people will feel awfully naked without their mobile phones around them? Throw in the frustration especially if they had lost it instead of just misplaced it.

For me, naked, no but frustrated, yes, a bit, maybe. But I was more in disbelief, especially since I found out that I lost my phone within minutes of me losing it. Probably dropped it while running for the bus. Got off at the next stop and ran back but it was gone. That will go down in history as my first expensive item (handphone, watch, wallet etc) lost. I'm usually not that careless.

Then you know, the next stage is the one of self-denial and self-consolation?

All the "yup, always a first time for everything, even carelessness; wasn't really my fault" and "it was lagging badly with 3200 smses in my inbox and probably dying anyway" and "time for a new one I guess" and "fortunately, my contract is up and I haven't renewed the plan yet".

Humanly responses are strange.

Oh. No time to blog. I got to go play with my new toy.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?